An Order is anything that you would pickup from or delivery to your customer. You can enter order details depending on whether you are adding the order for Pickup or Delivery or both.
You can add orders in 3 ways:
- Adding Orders using form
- Bulk Upload Orders using Excel
- Add Orders using APIs in case you are integrated with LogiNext Mile
Adding Orders using Form:
You can use add orders form to create one order at a time. To add order using form
- Go to Orders > All Orders
- Click on the ‘+ ADD’ button to open the ‘Add Order’ form
- Fill in details about an order in the Add Order form. The Order form is compartmentalised into 3 sections.
- Branch Name: Name of the branch whose resources would be servicing the order.
- Return to Hub: Name of the branch where the order should be returned if need be.
- Order Number: You can enter any alphanumeric value for the Order Number in the LogiNext System. However, please ensure that the Order No. is Unique for the same type of order i.e Pickup/Delivery and Forward/Reverse.
- Airway Bill Number: The airway bill or AWB is a receipt for the contract of carriage.
- Order Date: Order Date is the date when you had received the order for pickup or delivery.
- Delivery Type: If your order requires specific type of delivery, you can mention that in the Delivery Type field. Planning engine takes into account the selected Delivery Type for the order and assigns a matching delivery associate.
- Number of Items: A customer may have ordered for more than one items. You can enter these items of one customer in this field. If required, you can bundle multiple items in a crate. You can enter details like Item Code, Name, number of units, weight and price per unit of the item. All this information would be available to your delivery associates when they are loading these crates for customer delivery.
- Weight: You can enter the total weight of the order.
- Volume: If the order is voluminous, you can enter the volume details.
- Payment Mode: You can mentioned whether the order is already paid for or the delivery associate needs to collect cash while delivery or pickup.
- Value: The order value that has to be collected from the customer in cash of cash on delivery type of deliveries.
- Service Time: Service time is the time required to fulfil the order. When the orders are planned, service time required for the orders is also considered in the pickup/delivery time window.
- Start Time and End Time: Start Time is the time after which the delivery associate should reach the customer. End time is the time before which the delivery associate should reach the customer for pickup/delivery of the order. This is the customer’s preferred time for the delivery associate to reach the customer location and fulfil the order. Planning engine considers the order start and end time while optimising you trip.
- Partially Delivery Allowed: You can allow your customers to accept partial orders by ticking this check box. This would let your delivery associates to mark the order as partially delivered in their TrackNext app.
- Sales Return Allowed: Once the order is delivered, you can initiate a return order if this checkbox is enabled.
- Order Cancellation Allowed: You can enable your customers to cancel post placing an order by enabling this checkbox.
- Customer ID: Customer ID is an identifier that you can provide to your customers. In case you have same set of customers placing orders, you can auto-fill the details by entering the customer ID.
- Name: You can enter the customer name here.
- Email ID: You can enter customer’s email address here. You can also set various alerts which would be sent on this email address.
- Contact Number: You can enter customer’s contact number. You can also set various alerts which would be sent as SMS to this contact number.
- Address ID: Unique identifier for customer’s address. If you have customer profiling enabled, you can enter the address ID which would auto-fill the rest of the address fields as mentioned in the customer master.
- Address Type: Type of customer address e.g. Residential address or office address.
- Country: You can select the customer’s country from the list of countries.
- Apartment: Customer’s pickup or delivery address details can be entered in these address fields.
- Society/Street: Customer’s pickup or delivery address details can be entered in these address fields.
- Landmark: Customer’s pickup or delivery address details can be entered in these address fields.
- Locality/Area: Customer’s pickup or delivery address details can be entered in these address fields.
- State/Province: Customer’s pickup or delivery address details can be entered in these address fields.
- City: Customer’s pickup or delivery address details can be entered in these address fields.
- Pincode: Customer’s pickup or delivery address details can be entered in these address fields.
- Notes: You can enter notes that you want the delivery associate to follow when they view the order in TrackNext app.
Map View: You can view the address that you have entered on the map view along with the latitude and longitude that LogiNext would generate by geocoding the address entered.
These are the standard fields part of order creation form. You can customise these fields as per your requirements. For more information, see Customise Forms.
Add Order using Excel:
The second way of adding orders in LogiNext Mile is using Excel. Using this method, you can add orders in bulk. To add orders in bulk;
- Download the order template to enter the order details.
- Fill the details in excel.
- Upload the orders.
The system would check the order format entered before successfully uploading them into the application. In case there are errors in the uploaded file, you would get the error details in the last column ‘Error Messages’. You can make the necessary changes in the same file and upload again.
You can customise the excel template as per your requirement. Reach out to your account manager for more information.
NOTE: You can upload a maximum of 500 orders using Excel
Add Order using API:
The third way to add orders in LogiNext Mile is via integration. You can use the APIs to add orders. The API details are available at developers.loginextsolutions.com.